Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Problem with Ancestry today? ITS OK NOW

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

itsmefromupnorth

itsmefromupnorth Report 27 Feb 2010 15:43

Is anybody else having a problem with Ancestry today. I can log in OK but every time I try to do a search I get a message saying 'Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage'. It is as if I have lost internet connection but all other websites appear to be OK.

Sorry - I jumped the gun, it is working OK now

Linda Rose

Linda Rose Report 27 Feb 2010 15:52

That sometimes happens to me if I am flicking between web sites by opening tabs.

itsmefromupnorth

itsmefromupnorth Report 27 Feb 2010 15:54

Thanks for replying Linda, but it seems to be OK now - I am just having one of those days

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Feb 2010 16:26

There were certainly problems for most of yesterday with many of the search options returning nulls, so it wasn't just you.

Looks ok now, though.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 27 Feb 2010 18:51

Well, it's not okay for me - I'm back to that Routine Maintenance screen again!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 27 Feb 2010 21:06

Not working correctly now either.

Really getting fed up with that site just lately