Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can someone help me sort out my Alexander Jamieson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cathy

Cathy Report 28 Feb 2010 18:55

I have become so confused trying to figure out the many Alexander Jamieson's in my branch and could really use some new thoughts. My gggg grandfather Alexander Jamieson (1790) married to Mary Graham in Ireland has a son Lachlan (1819-Ireland) Lachlan shows up in Port Glasgow in the 1861 married to Catherine McCurdy they were married in Ireland-had two children there six more in Port Glasgow. Living in Port Glasgow right next door in 1851 is a Michael Jamieson (1821) married to Eliza both born in Ireland and from Scotland's People I can see that they were married in Ireland. There is a Michael and Alexander Jamieson both born in Ireland in 1830, listed as cousins of the older Michael. I believe that the older Michael may be Lachlan's brother or cousin, but can't line them up. I can see a marriage record (through the help of this board) that Michael (1830) married a widow Bridget Keenan. In 1902 Michael born in 1830 dies living with Lachlan's daughter Mary and some of her children, his death record lists him as being 20 years younger but because of things my grandmother had said and the 1901 census I am certain it was him. He is the widow of Bridget Keenan, my problem is that signing the death record is Daniel Jamieson (Lachlan's son) as Michael's step brother. I don't think there is anyway this could be possible, based on Michael's true age, but I am totally confused now. The older Michael is still showing up in the 1881 married to Eliza living in Greenock, she dies in 1883 and I can never find out what happens to him or Alexander born in 1830. I know this is confusing and I really am trying to find out the father of these three men. Thanks in advance for any advice or help. Take care,
Cathy

Cathy

Cathy Report 28 Feb 2010 20:41

No sorry thanks for your help her maiden name was MsLeran

Cathy

Cathy Report 28 Feb 2010 20:51

They married 1846 in Ireland, in 1851 living at Black Bull Close Port Glasgow, in 1851, 1861, 1871, 1881 and her death record in 1884, 25 Vennal Back Land, Greenock....again thanks for your help

Cathy

Cathy Report 28 Feb 2010 21:08

Thanks I found it, his father had the same name as Lachlan's which was Alexander, but they have different mothers...Lachlan's was Bridget McKendrick and Alexander's was Helen McNeil. Thanks again.
Cathy