Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is anyone going to Sheffield local studies library

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 3 Mar 2010 12:13

Just wondering if anyone was planning a trip to the local studies library at Sheffield, and wondered if they'd be willing to do an electorial register address look up for me?

I'd like to know who was living at 26 & 29 Rockingham Road, Rawmarsh, Rotherham between 1924 - 1930 if possible please.

Many thanks,

Regards, Lou

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 3 Mar 2010 16:40

Hi Sue,

I seem to be going round in circles with this one. I rang Rotherham and they told me Sheffield. Received emil from Sheffield today and they say contact their Local Studies library at Sheffield.

Mind you I sent them the email back in June 2009 and only got the reply today, so that's an erm!? a fast reply. I think. So don't really want to ask them to search for me even if I pay, don't know whether I'll still be here when they do finally get around to replying with what they find or don't find.

Hence the request. Thanks anyway,

Regards, Lou