Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

silly technical question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 6 Mar 2010 23:34

Hi, I have been trying to view BMD original records for the past few days. After being able to see and download about 10, I now can't get any. The system asks me of I want to use my credits and then goes to the next page with the space where the PDF would be blank. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, but I need a tip on how to make it work! Are my credits now lost to me, or will I be able to view these documents later if there is just a glitch?

thanks for any help you can give

Cath

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 6 Mar 2010 23:49

I presume you mean here on GR.

If so you should contact them to report the problem.

If you are wanting to view BMD's between 1837 to approx 1940 please do not use credits.

You can view them free on the site below.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

They have been transcribed and you do not need to trawl through the images.

They aren't fully complete but most about 99%

Christine

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 6 Mar 2010 23:50

Are you using this site?

Don't bother. Use Freebmd for free.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

And if you get stuck, come and ask for somebody with an Ancestry subscription.

Catherine

Catherine Report 7 Mar 2010 00:00

thanks for the replies - have already contacted GR about the issue but have had no reply. I will check out the other site you mention and will definitely be back if I need help, thank you

Cath