Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The society of Genealogist

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teresa

Teresa Report 23 Mar 2010 10:53

I have just discovered ,thanks to Google, that a fellow Hosier traced every Hosier back to a tribe of Tudor Trevor.Scott.F.Hosier has now died but all of his research is at the society.My question is,does anyone know if these records would be available to look at on my next trip back to UK (I live in France)
Regards

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Mar 2010 11:33

i have a feeling you have to make an appointment or book to view info there. I would suggest you email them
Shirley

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 23 Mar 2010 12:00

This is their website which should answer any questions you have....If not then, as Shirley suggested, send them an e.mail

http://www.sog.org.uk/library/intro.shtml

Hope you can get to see the records!
Good luck

Chris

Andrew

Andrew Report 23 Mar 2010 20:08

The Hosier material is shown as three volumes 'on Family History shelevs' which means it is in the library and available to view when you visit.

Teresa

Teresa Report 23 Mar 2010 20:20

Thanks for your help,I will be visiting !

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 24 Mar 2010 08:00

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS
http://newsfeed.rootsweb.com/th/read/HOSIER/2004-06/1088256364