Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Reply button freeze??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Mar 2010 08:20

I have received a pm from a member who has been trying to reply to her thread but her reply button is not allowing her to.

I have also tried to respond to one of my threads but the same thing has happened to me. The add button has stopped opening a box and simply takes me back to the top of the page as it used to.

This also happened a couple of mornings ago and then it all righted itself.

The Advanced search facility is not working at the moment either but it was fine last night.

Does anyone know if this esteemed (!) site does maintenance work at this time of day or have the day time staff not clocked on yet?????

Cx.

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 24 Mar 2010 08:42

Hi Cynthia,

Sorry I can't answer your question about site maintenance but both my reply and add boxes are working ok, but the advanced search doesn't seem to be.

Christine

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 24 Mar 2010 08:59

I can only reply by entering through my E mail box, via a genes trump match letter .
Its about a week since the hello forename on the home page

and Contact us has disappeared too !

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Mar 2010 09:11

Ooooh working again! Just gone 9am!!! Strange.

Thank you Christine and Lindsey for your replies.

Cx.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Mar 2010 10:26

think they have had to get the pest exterminators in to this site,,,,
so many bugs some professionals are needed!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Mar 2010 12:41

Thanks Bob. I contacted Genes (must be fed up of me by now) who 'couldn't re-create the problem'.

Now, what's the number for BugsRus???? Cx.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Mar 2010 12:48

The site can appear to freeze if your browser is full and there is no space to open the new page. This can be why GR's techies can't replicate the problem.

Clearing your browser temp files daily can work wonders. Same sort of thing if you find your tree suddenly won't load properly. Sometimes pressing F5 to refresh gets things going again too.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Mar 2010 12:49

Thanks IGP. Cx.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Mar 2010 21:28

Cynthia

AuntySherlock was unable to use reply or add on her usual GR site, .au, late last week so she was having to come in via .uk

I don't know whether things have solved themselves for her 'cos I haven't seen ehr around the last couple of days.

sylvia

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 24 Mar 2010 21:42

Aunty is on tonight thats for sure.

Ask the nutters thread by DET ,,,on History board.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Mar 2010 22:29

Thanks both. Will check around 8am in the morning - if I'm up by then of course!! Cx.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 25 Mar 2010 08:28

No probs this morning :))) Cx.

Susan

Susan Report 25 Mar 2010 10:17

Hi Cynthia

I had the same two days ago,I could not work out what happened either.
So I just went out of the site alltogether and started again and it worked.

I think it may have been leaving the computer left on the site but not doing any work on it.
Just a thought.
Suex