Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing off of Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 24 Mar 2010 11:46

Hi I really need some help .
I am running Windows home addition XP
I have downloaded a marriage cert off of Ancestry and it is sideways can anyone please tell how to make it the right way up.

I have done this before but for the life of me I cant get it right

Frustrated Sue

Ps
In plain English please

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 24 Mar 2010 14:00

Sue

I am assuming that you are saving the image to your computer either in my pictures or documents.

If in either when you open the image to show on the screen, you should see along the bottom of the screen several little icons two of them show rotate left, rotate right, they have a llitle type arrow. which enables you to move the image

Thats how it shows on my pictures and documents

Hope this helps

George

Susan

Susan Report 25 Mar 2010 07:56

Hi George
Thankyou for your reply and I must appoligies for not getting back sooner but I kept trying and still cannot turn the page the correct way up.

I do not have any icons on the bottom of my screen .

It is really silly as I have turned pages around before but I just can't remember how I did it.
Thankyou for your time .
Susan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 25 Mar 2010 08:17

That is strange you asking this question. Also on XP.

The image is saved as JPEG. I go to My Documents and it opens in Microsoft Picture Library. Looks fine on screen. Then I click on Edit Pictures button which is showing across the top of screen and this then shows options down right hand side. So I select Crop and reduce the size of image.

It it when trying to print I get the same problem.

I have changed the paper from portrait to landscape but it does not make any difference.

Maureen

Susan

Susan Report 25 Mar 2010 08:45

Hi Maureen

Thankyou for your imput ,It really is so stupid as I have done it before ,I think I had Rotate right and rotate left there somewhere in my edite button but it is not there now.

I have pushed so many buttoms now I don't know what I am doing.
Sue

Persephone

Persephone Report 25 Mar 2010 10:40

If you have a picture viewer the rotate button at the bottom of the screen looks like a couple of little mountains.

If you are in another format eg PDF go to view - and go down the list and rotate will be in the list.

Susan

Susan Report 25 Mar 2010 11:00

Hi
No little montains on the bottom of page ,and when I go to veiw there is no rotate button.
I think I used to have one but it is not there anymore .
I am useing Jpeg I think .
It is an Ancestry image of a marriage cert .
Thankyou for trying help,I have been at it since yesterday.
Sue

Blue1

Blue1 Report 25 Mar 2010 11:27

HI Sue,
don't know if this will help or add to your problem!
If you download Picasa from google.

Save your image to your desktop.
The program will grab your images and then in Picasa you will be able to rotate it and manipulate also print and share it if you want to

Blue

Susan

Susan Report 26 Mar 2010 08:42

Hi Everyone

Still no luck Rotating the page on the Ancestry image .
I have just download Internet Explorer 8,hopeing it will fix the problem but it is no different.
Any help appreciated.
Sue

Susan

Susan Report 26 Mar 2010 09:17

Hi Jillian

This is not really a help thread .I have posted my problem hopeing someone will help me.
You may get a better result for your probem if you post a thread of your own.
Just go to add topic at the top of the Tips board,sorry but I am not anygood at what you are asking for I havent a clue.
Good luck Sue
Ps Computers can be a very bad source of stress can't they.

Persephone

Persephone Report 26 Mar 2010 11:14

Susan

Have you solved your problem yet.

I was wondering if you had lost one or even two of your menu bars and needed to put them back and try again.

Persey

Susan

Susan Report 26 Mar 2010 11:58

Percery
Thnkyou for your imput .
I could have well lost some of my menu bars as you say but how do I find them again .
Your possiblility sounds good to me as I did have the buttons there to rotate the page before.
I have pressed so many buttons .
It is something simple I know but what.
Sue

Rambling

Rambling Report 26 Mar 2010 13:10

Just trying it out , if you save image to 'my pictures' ok, then right click on that 'thumbnail' it should show a menu> top of which is "preview" about 5 items down is rotate clockwise/anti ?

or just 'open' the picture and you should have menu underneath it as george said.

Persephone

Persephone Report 27 Mar 2010 00:14

Hi all

I have since been in e-mail contact with Susan.
She sent me the image and print wizard does the rotation bit for you.
Also the icons are on the bottom of the JPG as both George and myself said. Just that her pic is a bit big and it warns you against rotating.

The certs she has are two together and they are practically unreadable when printed so have suggested she get them downloaded separately and get larger pics of each.

Hopefully Susan will be okay now. I have sent her a word doc with diagrams to follow - let's hope all sorted.

Persey