Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

IGI tutorial

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JustPenny

JustPenny Report 24 Mar 2010 20:07

I have used the basic IGI search and the Hugh Wallis site, but I would like to do a more in depth search. I have seen reference to detailed instructions by Olde Crone, but I can't find them and a wider search hasn't turned up anything specific (probably me putting in the wrong search criteria!). Could someone please give me instructions to the Olde Crone thread, or to an alternative.

Many thanks, Penny

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 24 Mar 2010 20:19

Hi Penny

Have nudged up Theresa's thread on the IGI - Old Crone's disappeared I think and Theresa very kindly put this one up to help out the new members.

JustPenny

JustPenny Report 24 Mar 2010 20:24

Many thanks. I'm off to read and digest :-)

Penny