Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

AFTER 1901 CENSUS!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 25 Mar 2010 18:31

Where do I look for siblings of my GF who was born in 1901 please? His parents were married in 1900. Ive found him in the 1901 Census and I know he had a brother and sister obviously born later. I believe that brother later emigrated to Australia with his family. How would I pursue that too?
Many thanks in advance for any help/advice.
JanD

Pete

Pete Report 25 Mar 2010 18:37

Have you checked the 1911 census?

You may be able to identify younger siblings from FreeBMD as mother's maiden name shows in the index from the Sep quarter of 1911

Pete

Janet

Janet Report 25 Mar 2010 19:33

No I have'nt Pete. Didnt realise the 1911 census was accessible but will try that and your other FreeBMD suggestion. Will let you know how I get on! Many thanks.
Regards, jan

Sharon

Sharon Report 25 Mar 2010 19:38

hi janet
put who they are dates and where born

Janet

Janet Report 26 Mar 2010 22:27

Many thanks for your replies.

Sharon: I have been given some of the answers via another GR message board but really appreciate your offer of help.

Kind regards.