Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SORTED Ancestry has gone funny on me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 2 Apr 2010 23:28

Had this problem before. Get half way through a search and it switches me to Ancestry.com, whereas I normally use Ancestry.co.uk. On Ancestry.com it won't let me view records without a subscription. I tried logging in and it told me I was already logged in on another computer.

Usually the problem goes away after I keep switching back to Ancestry.co.uk via favourites, but in the meantime I am stuck.

Any ideas anyone?

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 2 Apr 2010 23:40

Have you tried logging out and logging in again. I am currently running ancestry.com and ancestry.co.uk on two computers simultaneously so my husband can search too. We only have one subscription though and we have not had any problems.

We can search records on both sites no problem.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Apr 2010 07:04

I don't think it matters whether you are logged in to .co or .com - they are just different access gateways. However, if for some reason the system logs you out you will be re-directed to a different page automatically.

It is usual for me to have several log-ins running at once and I never have any problems with searching, However, if I am already logged in and, I then I try to access my account details as well from another then I find I am logged out with the same message, although I am only using the one computer.

Astra

Astra Report 3 Apr 2010 07:11

Hi Madmeg
It's happened to me first thing this morning. I couldn't access the BMD's. Everytime I tried it re-directed itself to Ancestry.com. I was signed in and working normally and found it really frustrating. So I signed out and logged off, waited five minutes and then signed in again. It's OK at the moment but I think there must be a glitch in the works somewhere as it's never happened to me before.

dotski

dotski Report 3 Apr 2010 09:38

same thing happens to me - i just use the back arrow which generally works - very annoying when you are on a hot trail!!

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 3 Apr 2010 13:29

It seems okay again now - must just be a glitch - and suddenly I can view records using either .co or .com.

Thanks for the suggestions.