Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can anyone tell me how to verify ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 5 Apr 2010 10:52

morning , my 8 x great grandfather is moses vivian b 5/7/1696 tyneham dorset . i have 4 children born to moses & ann born between 1721 ( joseph my ancestor ) and 1736 all in tyneham .no marr in tyneham for moses . poss death for ann 22/6/1753 . then banns for moses and a hannah miller in 17542 children born to moses and hannah - hannah 1755 and jenny 1764 , if this is my moses he would be 68 when jenny was born !only recorded death i can find for moses is 20/3/1779 tyneham . all this info was taken from opc for dorset ( i live in scotland ) .what i would like to know is how do i verify this is all the work of my moses ? will the actual records tell me more ? thankyou for reading my ramblings ! angela

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Apr 2010 11:24

Whilst not familiar with the OPC for Dorset, I’d imagine the details they showed were extracted from Parish records. The originals are unlikely to show any more details.

Its possible there are grave or memorial inscriptions around, and perhaps Wills or Estate Papers where they are mentioned. Why not contact the OPC or a local Dorset FH group and ask for guidance?

You could try searching on the National Archives site.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Apr 2010 11:39

thankyou , det , will do . angela

Angela

Angela Report 5 Apr 2010 19:03

thankyou , jomiwo , sorry i didn't get back sooner - on nightshift , been asleep .