Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with 1891 Census Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 5 Apr 2010 16:09

I am looking for a family that I have found on all census apart from 1891, I am looking for a William Clarke bn 1844 Nottingham Occupation listed as a collier, his wife Ann (deceased for this census) with various children my ggrandfather is George Frederick Clarke bn 1878 in Nottinghamshire then moved and lived in Middlesbrough, looked at Clarke and variations of first names without success. Thank you.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Apr 2010 16:49

Hi Joseph

No I dont think that it is that family because in 1901 William appears as a lodger with a son called John bn 1890 in Middlesbrough which is where he died. Unless that wife died and the children were not his but I will bear it in mind and do some checks for a marriage after Ann died.
Thank you for your time.

Angela

Angela Report 5 Apr 2010 16:54

Hi JoMiWo

Sorry but I do not appear to have read your other message to me and I do not have a moses in my family, could you possible resend it to me, so I have a look at it. Thank you for you time, it is very much appreciated.