Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Foreign Parts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jacks

jacks Report 7 Apr 2010 12:45

Good Afternoon, I have just discovered that my hubby's 4x gt Grandfather was born in Kingston Jamaica,
according to the 1841 census his name is spelt SAMUEL ABEREY born foreign parts est abt 1786 living with his wife Charlotte in Bethnal Green, the 1851 census name spelt SAMUEL ALVERY born Kingston Jamaica, living with his Daughter Harriet Kemp & her children still in Bethnal Green,
Harriet's Baptism in 1817 Tower Hamlets, & Marriage record in 1835 Hackney, states her surname as ABREY,
Can someone direct me on how to find out more on Samuel Abrey Birth/Bap records, & i also am unable to find a marriage ref for him,
Thankyou in advance
Jacks

jacks

jacks Report 7 Apr 2010 13:06

Thanks Barry for your help will have a look at those sites
jacks