Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FREE TRIAL on FMP ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 10 Apr 2010 12:20

Hi all,
My family tree is pretty much complete (well as far as I am able to get back anyway). I was wondering if anyone knew much about the FMP free trial, as it may be enough to get any extra snippets.
I have had free trials with ancestry so cannot go down that path.
Any advise please on how easy it is to register, use and more importantly cancel prior to the end of the trial.

Thanks
Cheryl

JanieH

JanieH Report 10 Apr 2010 12:31

Hi Cheryl
I have recently started my family tree so am not very experienced. I had a free trial with FMP and found it very useful. I cancelled it the day before it expired and had no problems with that. The only thing the trial did not give access to (as far as I could see) was the 1911 census.

I still prefer freeBMD for BMD as FMP gives pages to search through unless you already know the actual year and quarter to search. Am still using FMP, mainly for censuses, but buying credits for now.

Best wishes
Jane

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 10 Apr 2010 12:47

Thanks Jane.
I might give it a try then.
Cheryl

Norma

Norma Report 10 Apr 2010 18:06

Hi Cheryl

I recently did the free trial with FMP and it ended after 4 as I surpased the 600 searches(5000 wit paid subscription. but i did get 21 baptism recordsfrom London and found 6 children who i didn't know existed.
Well worth doing as longas you know theseach limit which I ddn't obviously didn' read the terms and condiions properly
Good luck
Norma

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 10 Apr 2010 18:47

Thanks Norma.
I am aware of the limit, thank you. I have loads of info already but need to tie up some loose ends.

Thanks for your help

Cheryl

Norma

Norma Report 10 Apr 2010 19:22

Hi Cheryl
Forgot to say earlier I also like the transcrption sheet on FMP better than the odd ones I have on Ancestry so I also printed them off.Those sheets are also very good on the Genealogist which I have been on the most as the censuses are easier to search than Ancestry.Unfortunatey the free triial on the genealogist is rubbish as though it is a month you only get 10 credits

Norma