Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Palethorpe

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 11 Apr 2010 12:13

I have found Richard Palethorpe b1700 Woolsthorpe Lincs, he m Katherine in 1718. Can anyone help me find her surname?
Also Richard P b20/11/1754 m Anne on 16/3/1794. I am looking for her correct surname. I have Hasten/Aston.
Also m of Elizabeth Palethorpe b1881. She was on 1891c but not 1901c so I assume she married or went to work elsewhere.She was b Sheffield.
Thankyou
Anne

Heather

Heather Report 11 Apr 2010 12:23

Firstly, please read the info for new members. The last girl, you could try to find her marriage FREE on freebmd.

How have you found the pre registration people? You need the parish registers for those early events. Try googling to see if any kind soul has transcribed the registers. Its a good name to trace.

Re "correct" spelling of a name - there was no correct spelling of a name, its written as heard by whoever wrote it down :) usually

Using free bmd : this looks most likely candidate. You have two choices of groom.

Marriages Dec 1896 (>99%)
EASTO William Sheffield 9c 756
Galey Victoria Jemima E Sheffield 9c 756
PALETHORPE Elizabeth H Sheffield 9c 756
Womersley Albert Edward Sheffield 9c 756

Do you know if she had a second name beginning with H?

You can buy the cert using just her name and the rest of the reference given from GRO online. Or you can look for an Elizabeth Womersley or Elizabeth Easto in the 1901 census but that wont give husbands fathers name etc.

Anne

Anne Report 11 Apr 2010 12:59

Thankyou very much Heather. As I have just begun to look at the Palethorpes in my tree after several years, I don't know where all the info. was from. I wish I had recorded this!
Regards
Anne