Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

P.A.F Ancestral File Compaion Basic

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

jemimaellen

jemimaellen Report 13 Apr 2010 10:47

Hi
I have recently dowloaded the P.A.F.Ancestral File and the Companion Basic ( due to another thread on here ) and it is brilliant . The Compaion Basic also will tell you how you are blood related to the people in your Tree , I have just spent the last couple of Days adding the Relationships to each person , So when anyone asks how i am related i can now tell them without trying to explain Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 13 Apr 2010 11:04

Good Tip, for those who are not aware. Most commercial programs i.e. FTM will do this too.

On FTM 2010 whenever you select a name, it shows the relationship back to the home person automatically at the top of the screen, or you can select two names and it will work out the relationship between them. It also shows all the other relatives involved in the relationship between them.