Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sent message's

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ken

Ken Report 13 Apr 2010 16:23

If I send a message to someone and they have not yet opened it (envelope still purple in sent messages) then I cancel it from my list, would they still see the message?

Ken

Ken Report 13 Apr 2010 16:50

Thank you Jonesey

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 13 Apr 2010 21:07

I wonder why you would want to remove it from your sent message box? It doesn't take up any space on your computer and you might get a response months from now and forget what you said in your message.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Apr 2010 21:25

I'm not sure that the information / message will still be in the other person's message box.
I recently searched my messages for something and couldn't find it, although I'd previously read the message and replied to it.I can only presume that the other person deleted her messages.

I'm happy to do a 'test' if someone wants to try this now.

Gwyn

Ken

Ken Report 14 Apr 2010 10:47

The reason I asked this question was that I had sent a message to someone but then realized that it was not worded right, so I wondered that if I deleted it from my sent box while it was still not opened by them, would it delete it from their inbox.

Hope that makes sense?

Ken

Ken Report 14 Apr 2010 10:58

I have done that but no reply yet, but as I say I just wondered if it was deleted from their end. All I wanted was a yes it does or no it doesn’t.

Thank you all

Thelma

Thelma Report 14 Apr 2010 11:17

No,it is not deleted their end.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 14 Apr 2010 12:02

It is similar to any other rmessaging system. Deleting a message only deletes your copy, not the recipients.