Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacting relatives in New Zealand

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Silverbirch

Silverbirch Report 13 Apr 2010 20:48

Hi, this is probably obvious to a lot of you so I'm hoping you can give me the benefit of your helpful expertise. I'd like to contact two cousins who emigrated to NZ in the 60s as children with their parents. I know at least one of them married (possibly both) and I'd like to find out their partners' names and any children's names and whether their parents (my aunt and uncle) are still alive (they would be elderly now). I know that GR has sites in other countries including NZ so how/where would I go about looking for them? I'm thinking along the lines that either they or people who know them might be registered with the NZ GR site. Thanks for any advice. Best wishes

Silverbirch

Silverbirch Report 13 Apr 2010 22:32

Hi Jonesey, thanks for your suggestions. I've searched my uncle's name on the trees on this site and found a potential match so have send a message to the tree-owner. I also checked his name in the NZ phone book, but no luck there. My cousins are both female so probably have different surnames to the one I know. Anyway, fingers crossed that the potential match turns out to be correct and the tree-owner replies.
Best wishes

Kiwibird

Kiwibird Report 14 Apr 2010 03:34

If you provide me with the names of your cousin's parents and possibly when they where born I can check out NZ Cemetery Records for you as to whether they have died. You can contact me by clicking on my name.