Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Britsh man in Canadian army WW1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 14 Apr 2010 14:13

My friend recently started her family history and is rather puzzled that her father born in Cardiff 1907 fought for the Canadian army in WW1, he was born in 1907 and so would have only have been aged 11 at the end of the war, she said her mother also received a pension from the Canadian government after his death in 1979 , can anyone advise how she could investigate this further

many thanks

Pam

Thanks for those who have taken the time to reply but have juyst been speaking to her and she has told me that she made a mistake and it was WW2 she has looked at his medals, also I have have just found him goin back and forth from uk to Canada

Out to Canada 1928 back to UK1928
Back to Canada 1929 back to UK 1945

She is a little emotional at the moment s she knew nothing about this also seems on his first trip out his brother went with him and she had never even heard of him till yesterday when I found him for her on the 1911 census

Thanks to you all for your advise

Pam

Barbara

Barbara Report 14 Apr 2010 14:16

Sure it was WW1 and not 2?

Barbara

Barbara Report 14 Apr 2010 14:20

If it was WW1 than you can search here with the name and his records should show.

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/cef/001042-100.01-e.php

For WW2

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/genealogy/022-909.007-e.html