Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing off tree by printers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

fandebbidozy

fandebbidozy Report 14 Apr 2010 19:22

Hi
Has anyone had their tree printed by genealogist printers and what info can you give on the service and goods>

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Apr 2010 19:28

Brilliant service from Ron and Carol

Would recommend them

Maureen

Oops I presume you mean this site
www.genealogyprinters.com

Mauatthecoast

Mauatthecoast Report 14 Apr 2010 19:30

Have a look here Debbie

www.genealogyprinters.com/catalog/aboutus.php -

Ron is a GR member and recommended

Mau

TheLadyInRed

TheLadyInRed Report 14 Apr 2010 20:50

seeing threads like this always makes me wonder - at what point do you decide that it's time to get a professional print job done? Presumably you don't intend to add anymore so where do you draw the line?

fandebbidozy

fandebbidozy Report 14 Apr 2010 21:13

I have over 500 and didn't want a tree with cousins cousins, aunts inlaws etc, it is the main family just blood line family. I know I will add to it but that can be another tree in years to come. I go back to 1513 and have quite a lot of info, except am still trying to find out about my fathers grandfather. I have a copy of my tree on here and on a family tree programme so it all adds to the story. I don't think I'd cope with a tree 30ft long I'd have to buy a new house to unravel it.

Debbie

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 14 Apr 2010 21:48

I had a tree printed by Ron several months ago, I limited it to just direct ancestors and their siblings (my aunts and uncles), there were then less than 500. I was able to ask him to fit it on a sheet 6ft long x 3 ft wide to go on the wall in the spare room and he did it brilliantly.

I have now added nearly 200 more relatives to it, so next time I have it printed out I am hoping he can fit it on say 6ft long by 5 ft wide, heres hoping!! Otherwise I am running out of wall lol.

Ron is well recommended he does a brilliant job!!! Thanks Ron

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 14 Apr 2010 23:54

Another thumbs up for Ron and Carol :-)

I had a tree printed as a Christmas present for my Mum and Dad which was for both their lines and direct ancestors only.

A brilliant personal service and I can't praise them enough.

M&D were absolutely thrilled with it and it now has pride of place on the dining room wall even though it is already out of date as I breached a 'brickwall' in February and added a couple of generations for one name.

As an aside.....M&D are having various works done and have had tradesmen trooping through the dining room. Without exception it has generated interest and Dad has really enjoyed himself explaining it all :-)

Chris