Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Transported to Australia 1833

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 15 Apr 2010 18:19

Ellis Brooks - born c1807 Norfolk - was transported to New South Wales in 1833 for life for sheep stealing. He arrived in January 1834 on the Hive. I have found records up until 1847 when he was given a conditional pardon.

Any tips on how to go about finding what happened to him after 1847?

Thanks

Reece

Reece Report 16 Apr 2010 08:26

NinjaLady,

If you put AUSTRALIA RESEARCH TIPS into your Search box you will find a wonderful list of sites to search for your Ellis Brooks - TonyOz posted it on 22 July 2009.

I have an ancestor who was transported and have found all the information by using this site.

Good luck.

Reece

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 16 Apr 2010 11:39

Thank you Reece - I'll go and have a look right now!!

Susan

Susan Report 16 Apr 2010 15:11

Hi Reece

Thanks for that site, just had a look and it is great,I live in Oz and did not know about it.

Tony ! Thankyou very much for a really good site.

Sue

DotK

DotK Report 17 Apr 2010 05:14

He does not appear on NSW Deaths or Marriages
www.bdm.nsw.gov.au
There is an Ellis Brooks on 1841 English Census but...