Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth dates help please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gnomenutter

gnomenutter Report 17 Apr 2010 12:39

Hi all, Would any one know how to find out a birthday. I applied for a b,cert, for 62, & got an e-mail saying its the wrong day. So when i reapplied, i found that i had to give an actual day or i couldn't apply. Has anybody got any ideas on how to get around this please, otherwise i could be applying for every day of that particular month !!
Carol H.

Astra

Astra Report 17 Apr 2010 12:45

If you know the person's name and her mother's maiden name then you shouldn't have a problem ordering it. If you don't know the Mother's maiden name then it could be more difficult. I assume you know when the person was born and where so if you want to either post the details here or PM them privately by clicking on my name then I can take a look for you.

gnomenutter

gnomenutter Report 17 Apr 2010 13:23

Hi Astra,
Apparently, for the last 50 yrs, the gro, say, you must know the actual day as well, which i thought was 1/12/1962. but it's not that day, although right month & year.
i'll pm you the name & ref.
Carol H.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Apr 2010 13:25

That birth comes within the 50 years privacy ruling.
That's probably the reason for your difficulties.

Gwyn

gnomenutter

gnomenutter Report 17 Apr 2010 13:40

Hi Gwyn,
Thanks for that Gwyn, i hadn't realized.
Carol H.