Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

writing out family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sharmaine

sharmaine Report 18 Apr 2010 06:28

can anyone recommend a good book or graph for writing up a family tree. with enough space to get at least 6 generations in and details of sibling with enough space for a bit of detail thanks

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 18 Apr 2010 06:56

FTM 2010 has the ability to create a book in this manner.

It allows you to create a professional looking book to share with others, made from charts reports and documents. The Book is saved in PDF format, which means that others will be able to view and print the book on their personal computers.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 18 Apr 2010 10:24

I know it probably won't be the best looking but many have suggested on here to use wallpaper (lining paper or the reverse side). This seems a good idea and one I will try when I get more time. Useful especially when linking several families together.

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 18 Apr 2010 10:42

Here's a site with some free downloadable charts if thats what you are after.

Have a look........

http://www.misbach.org/pdfcharts/

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 18 Apr 2010 11:28

If you go to www.genealogyprinters.com and after entering the site click on "Blank Charts" on the left hand side of the screen under "Categories". There are 20 different charts to chose from.

Kath. x