Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with an Irish Brick Wall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Leigh

Leigh Report 19 Apr 2010 22:12

i have recently found out that my 4x Great Grandfather, Robert Parsons was born c1820 in Dublin, Ireland. by 1863 he is living in Birkenhead. i should imagine he came over due to the potato famine, however i am having great difficulty tracing his life in Ireland. does anybody have any tips on how i could find him?

Sorcha

Sorcha Report 20 Apr 2010 15:45

Hi Leigh

The site www.brsgenealogy.com is useful for tracing Irish ancesters. There were no Robert Parsons listed in Dublin for the date you mentioned however there were two listed in Co Meath born 1812 and 1817 and one in Co Wicklow in 1830.
Both these counties are close to Dublin.
Sorcha