Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BMD Certs anyone know how long they are taking at

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 20 Apr 2010 11:22

I purchased some certs some time ago with an estimated dispatch date of 12th April. I ordered them before the price increase, and was made aware when I ordered them that because they were the cheaper price to allow an extra 3 days on the dispatch date for arrival.
The money for the certs was taken from my bank account on the 9th April, but as yet no certs. Do you think that maybe they have been lost in the post or just taking longer than expected?

Regards
Tracie

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 20 Apr 2010 11:25

Be patient, they were snowed under with work, trying to beat the price change.

GranOfOzRubySlippers

GranOfOzRubySlippers Report 20 Apr 2010 11:27

I think there was a thread on another board saying they are late due to the volume of pre price rise orders.

Gail

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 20 Apr 2010 11:33

Ty Lindsey and Gran of Oz, I am so impatient, will try to be better lol.

Thanks again
Tracie

JanieH

JanieH Report 20 Apr 2010 11:33

I think they are just very busy. I ordered some on 9th April with estimated dispatch date of 15th. Money taken out of my account on 13th but still not arrived yet.
Very frustrating!
Jane

Karen

Karen Report 20 Apr 2010 11:50

I ordered some 1st April to avoid price change,and still not arrived. I know we have had Easter bank Hols, and they are busy, they are not answering the phone "due to high number of calls" .
Postie thinks I am stalking him, jumping out each day!

Karen

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 20 Apr 2010 11:58

Customers may wish to be aware that standard orders are subject to a delay of between 5 - 10 working days.
The priority service remains unaffected and orders placed via this service will be despatched on the next working day from receipt of order, if received before 4.00pm.
GRO apologises for any inconvenience this may cause to our customers. We anticipate that normal service will be resumed by the week begninning 17 May.

Georgina

Georgina Report 20 Apr 2010 23:05

I ordered on the same day. Rang to enquire and was told there is a backlog due to price increase and everyone trying to beat increase. Also worth checking that they are all available if you put a search criteria on any of the requests
Gina

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 21 Apr 2010 06:35

There are threads on this almost daily - the answer is always the same.

The GRO was inundated with requests aiming to beat the 6th April price increase. It isn't something you can throw an army of temps at so you will just have to be patient whilst they wade through the backlog.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 21 Apr 2010 06:36

You should have ordered them from the relevent reg office instead,,,,they are a lot quicker

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Apr 2010 09:56

Original despatch date was 9th April (Ordered 31/3) - arrived this morning 21st.

Kat

Kat Report 21 Apr 2010 17:17

Ordered mine 31st March both arrived today:-))
Kat.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 22 Apr 2010 08:34

I guess i must have been lucky then when ordering certs..
I have never waited longer than a week and have even had some by return post. Iv never had a request turned down either,,,although i do know that some RO's wont issue marriage certs unless you have the church,,,,,very frustrating but glad to say its never happened to me...In fact Tynemouth Reg Office always writes the name of the church on the cert in pencil for me....to add a bit of interest,