Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sorry but could you help me !!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 20 Apr 2010 22:14

this is what I have ....

William Henry Williams

died 3rd Jan 1934
age 58
address 41 westmoreland Street London
job Builders clerk
wife in attendance when death

But he died at 93 sydney street London

I thort I could get more imformatin on him from this pot luck death certifiacte

Could anyone tell me if this is the Brompton Hospital he died at
and is there anything else I can find out from only this !!!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Apr 2010 22:25

Sydney Street,
London SW3 6NP
address of Royal Brompton hospital

The addresses of the local hospital are given on birth and death certs pre the NHS starting n the 1940,s The local Workhouses had Infirmary's where the sick went that couldnt afford private treatment or mums went to have their babies for medical reasons that they couldnt give birth at home. It was resented that the place on certs was given as the Workhouse Infirmary as this implied that the patient had been a Workhouse Inmate which wasnt necessarily so ,they had just gone into hospital for nursing care, It was decided the the postal address should be given instead thus removing the stigma of the Workhouse. The hospital he was in may have been before the Brompton was built on the same site i am not aware when the Brompton was actually built.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 20 Apr 2010 22:31

Thanks for that ...can I get medical records and how !!??

does anyone see any other way I can find the birth of this man ...even only going to 1876 there are 100s to chose from

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Apr 2010 22:38

I have tried to get medical records and met with no luck for some of the london Hospitals like Barts etc. have been told not available. Have you his marriage cert maybe that will help find him on a census

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 20 Apr 2010 22:41

Thats the problem he didnt seem to have married my great grandma!!
so I kinda think this is the brick wall.....until 2021.............