Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deleted thread ..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 23 Apr 2010 03:23

I seem to have deleted my entire thread, rather than the one irrelevant entry that I was trying to remove. Does anyone know if it is "gone for good", or are there any tricks to re-locate it? I am most apologetic, since various people took their time to locate info for me.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 23 Apr 2010 05:08

Hi Anne.

I think once you "delete" your thread.......its gone, and there is no return.

From memory......i dont think even GR themselves can resurrect it.

I'm sure if i'm wrong, someone will put me right.

Tony

Potty

Potty Report 23 Apr 2010 14:43

Sometimes, if you are quick enough after the deletion, if you click on the triangle next to the back arrow at the top of the screen (assuming you are using Internet Explorer), and click further down on one of the Genes Reunited in the list (ie going back into your browsing history), you can get back to it but you would have to copy the info over to somewhere else.

Anne

Anne Report 23 Apr 2010 18:26

Thank you all - for advice and sympathy! I have seldom deleted anything by mistake, but I shall certainly be more observant in future.

Must be a whole blanket out there made up of loose threads!!

Have a good day

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 23 Apr 2010 19:27

In their wisdom, Genes Reunited have decided that we plebs know what we are doing when we click delete and are all aware that this will delete the whole thread.

They do not feel it neccessary to pop up a little warning...

' This will delete your thread.....continue....Y/N'

although it would be a nice little reminder..........