Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cannot see childrens names

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

crg

crg Report 24 Apr 2010 07:56

hi hope someone can help when i enter childrens details then click on parents i cannot see the children on the tree if i click on add child they appear i tried adding a child to my tree and they vanished but my three remained.

thanks carrie

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 24 Apr 2010 08:59

Hi Caroline, I was having that problem last night and gave up. I have a feeling GR have been doing some alterations and that always throws things out. If it doesn't resolve itself over the weekend I will contact GR on Monday (no use today - they probably aren't around for maintenance).

Cx.

crg

crg Report 24 Apr 2010 11:33

hi cynthia

yes i think you are right i just tried it on another computer and the same thing happened.

carrie

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 24 Apr 2010 11:40

I had the same problem also yesterday. I ended up changing the view of the tree, bit of a pain now cos the tree is much more difficult to navigate round, but at least the childrens names are visible now lol.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Apr 2010 14:38

Which view isn't working? I tend to use Immediate Family most of the time and my tree looks as it always does.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 24 Apr 2010 16:21

Yes I've managed to replicate the fault too. I've added a sibling to my sons as Caroline described. It doesn't show when I click on myself, but does when I click on one of my sons.

After that I closed my tree and then re-opened and lo and behold it, the new sibling appeared as it should.

Looks like a wait till Monday job now.

Norma

Norma Report 24 Apr 2010 17:23

Hi
Got the same problem, phew I thought it was me and something I had done!!
Love Norma

Helen

Helen Report 24 Apr 2010 18:22

Just added a parent and the whole tree has vanished!
Only the two parents are shown, have to rebuild the whole tree to get the display back.

Bit worrying, thought it had been deleted!