Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

2007 Births?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tawny

Tawny Report 24 Apr 2010 20:14

Does anyone know if find my past are going to put the 2007 births online?

Tawny

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 25 Apr 2010 06:34

The GRO stopped selling copies of the index to third parties as a result of their digtisation program which started around 2006.

However, a complete set, including ‘Births, Deaths and Marriages from 1837 – 2008’, ‘Overseas from 1761 – 2008’, ‘Civil Partnerships from 2005 – 2009’, ‘Adoptions from 1927 – 2008’, and the provisional indexes for ‘Births and Deaths for 2009’, is available at:

* Greater Manchester County Record Office
* Birmingham Central Library
* Bridgend Reference and Information Library
* Plymouth Central Library
* City of Westminster Archives Centre
* London Metropolitan Archives
* The British Library*

These locations get updates for you to view in person. This is expected to continue until free, online access can be provided.

The digitisation project stalled because the budget ran out, but a new project was kicked off in 2009 - have a look at the IPS site for more information.

http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/rde/xchg/ips_live/hs.xsl/1090.htm

Tawny

Tawny Report 25 Apr 2010 11:24

Thank you for letting me know where I can still get the information

Tawny

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 26 Apr 2010 12:09

n