Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parts of GR tree not displaying

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sonya

Sonya Report 25 Apr 2010 11:28

Recently, I have had a problem with parts of my tree not displaying. Sometimes I look at an entry and think "I'm sure I added children to that person." So I click on "add child" and lo and behold, the children miraculously appear because they were there all the time, just not showing.. I have just over 500 people on my tree, and haven't met this problem before.

Has anyone else experienced this?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 25 Apr 2010 11:41

Yes, there are already a couple of threads on this.

It is suspected that there have been some software updates which have introduced a bug causing the tree not to display correctly after adding a new child. I found that if I close my tree and then open it up again it seems to display correctly.

If there is a bug then hopefully GR will patch it tomorrow.

Sonya

Sonya Report 25 Apr 2010 11:50

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad I'm not alone. I was wondering if this was something that happened once you had a certain number of entries on your tree, because I've added quite a few people recently. I tried closing the tree and opening it again, but it hasn't made any difference. Let's hope GR can fix it because it's very confusing!