Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

names of a convict

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

funnyface

funnyface Report 26 Apr 2010 05:57

hi
is there some way that you can get the names of the convicts parents names....
besides obtaining there death certs which i have .and don't give there names of parent's on it
thanks a lot

funnyface

funnyface Report 26 Apr 2010 09:46

n

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 26 Apr 2010 10:15

Hi Sue.
What Country was your convict sent to?

Most convicts ( Adults ) sent to the colony's ( eg: Australia ) had no parents names listed on their conviction records.
Some had a spouse name ( if married ) if you were lucky........and of the hunreds of convicts that i have researched, i have only ever seen a few parents name on their records, and this was mainly only if they were a child. And even then It might have one name, a mothers or fathers name.

If your convict married or re-married it **may** have parents names on the cert.

Which country was your convict sent to, and what was his/her name....and where sentenced.

Tony ( Australia )

funnyface

funnyface Report 26 Apr 2010 22:32

hi tony
thanks for your answer i thought that may have been the case.
sue

funnyface

funnyface Report 27 Apr 2010 06:07

hi steven
thanks for trying to help me .are you new on this site
i have been over to the state records just near me in nsw i have 2 ticket of leave
and some more on the ship they came out on .would you know that if to males came out together with the same name not much different in the age would they perhaps be related
thanks sue