Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tracing a living relative

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 26 Apr 2010 21:13

Can anyone please tell me the best approach to finding a living relative? I am trying to help a friend who has a step-sister from her late Father's first marriage. She has placed a request on Trying to Find and I was wondering if there are any other options.
My friend is assuming her sister has continued to live in Yorkshire. Any sugestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Apr 2010 21:24

Friends Reunited [free] is one option, particularly if you know which school this person atttended as there is a schools section on there

You could also check in Search Trees top of this page in case there are any connections on this site

Facebook also - which I know nothing about!!

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 26 Apr 2010 21:30

Thank you Ann, I don't know Facebook either , Don't think my friend has tried Friends and I will look in Search Trees. Of course this person may not want to be found.

Trevor

Trevor Report 27 Apr 2010 00:01

I have made contact with alot of cousins and also nephews and nieces that i knew nothing about on facebook .its free to join and easy to navigate , good luck with your search

MayBlossomEmpressofSpring Report 28 Apr 2010 17:39

Thank you everyone for your input. I am trying to help my ex DIL who contacted me after she joined Genes and discovered I was a member. She has today joined Friends and has been on 162 and found the date of her half sister's birth, I don't think she as been on Facebook yet. She has put a request on Trying to Find, but it's early days yet.