Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I`m on a roll

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 2 May 2010 12:25

In the past 8 weeks, through this site, I have made contact with three cousins. One who I lost contact with 55 years ago, one 60 years ago and one I have never met.

Oh boy, it is so difficult to take it in, after 5 years of a desert I am now at the oasis.

Kathlyn

PollyPoppet

PollyPoppet Report 2 May 2010 12:35

Aww thats brilliant news
You must be on cloud nine
I know when we found family I was
So happy for you all
PP x :)

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 2 May 2010 12:42

That's brilliant, I am so pleased for you.

Chris

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 2 May 2010 13:35

The rellie I have never met is the granddaughter of my grandmothers sister, and i told her of all the things I remembered about her grandmother, even though I was just about 10. The reply to that was that I knew more about her grandmother than she did. This contact was able to rubbish a family story that was at least 80 years old which proved that a "joke" lightly given, grew over the years to quite a story.

I thought that the trunk and branches of my tree would be enough !!!!! but I am now looking for twigs and leaves. When you add up the people in your tree, close and a little further out, one soon sees that you now have a forest.

What I would like to know......when does research into your family tree end????

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 May 2010 14:08

So very pleased to read your story. My own immediate family is tiny, but I am now in touch with lots of 2nd cousins, and we are planning a big re-union (or in my case 1st meeting!) in Canada next year. I now have lots of info about my great-grandparents and my Mum has a photo of the grandfather she never met.

The answer is - it never ends!!

Jan

Ann

Ann Report 2 May 2010 15:07

Hopefully it will never end,as you'll be a bit of lots of other people's trees,all interlinked,even after we've all gone to the big forest in the sky!!

Norma

Norma Report 2 May 2010 22:28

Hi
i have been on GR for nearly 2 years and have also had an incredible roll as well as being in touch with lots of distant relatives i have also obtained through them photgraphs of G Grandparentss and my Patenal
Grandfather who died before I was born and who I had never seen a photo of!!!!
Well worth keeping in the future as you just never now what may come up.
Good luck for more contacts

Norma

Bryn

Bryn Report 3 May 2010 13:52

Only 6 weeks with GR and yesterday for the first time ever I spoke with a 72 year old brother I have never met. Wierd but wonderful!