Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Divorce Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Babs

Babs Report 6 May 2010 11:52

HELP! I think I am playing blind! Where will I find divorce records for the 1940/1950's? Thanks (a beginner at all this)

Kat

Kat Report 6 May 2010 12:41

I was lucky and found my grandfathers divorce from 1920 on the National Archives site.
I got everything relating to the divorce for £16.00 and there were quite a few revelations in the documents well worth the cost :-) Good luck
Kat:-) x

Babs

Babs Report 6 May 2010 12:44

Thank you ever so much! Think I might give up on that one!! It was only to tidy up the ends, so to speak!

Babs

Babs Report 6 May 2010 12:45

Thanks Kat, I will take a little nosey then!

Tetley

Tetley Report 7 May 2010 00:24

Hi Babs

You could try this. I had a search done for late 1940s early 1950s. They are most helpful.

Her Majesty's Court Service
The Family Division
Decree Absolute Searches
Room 2.03
First Avenue House
42-49 High Holborn
London
WC1V 6NP

Telephone 020 7947 7016/7017

www.hmcourts-service.gsi.gov.uk

Babs

Babs Report 7 May 2010 08:49

Thank you all, you have been a great help. Now lets see what family secrets I can find!!