Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Subs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

silvery33

silvery33 Report 9 May 2010 20:18

Last year a very helpful member posted a note about a much reduced sub to Ancestry and I got mine for half-price , which was fantastic (think it was on a voucher site).

Just wondered if anyone had heard of anything similar on offer this year

Cheers Y

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 May 2010 20:23

If you pay your subscription to Ancestry through the cashback site Quidco you get 25% cashback (this is on the price before VAT is added).

Kath. x

silvery33

silvery33 Report 9 May 2010 22:27

Thank you Kath - that's quite a saving - will check it out

regards

Y

Christine2

Christine2 Report 9 May 2010 23:30

I have mentioned this before Yvonne but in case you didn't see it - if you have £15 worth of Tesco vouchers you can exchange them for a FTM 2010 which includes 6 months free Ancestry.

silvery33

silvery33 Report 10 May 2010 19:53

2 for 1!! No I had missed it Christine - many thanks regards Y

rottie

rottie Report 10 May 2010 21:08

how is this done .eg tesco vouchers, were do u access vouchers from and what is ftm2010 is this offer still valid n till wen

Christine2

Christine2 Report 10 May 2010 21:20

You're welcome Yvonne:))

This will take you to the page Marion and there is no end date mentioned to the offer.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/search.aspx?Ntt=Family+tree+maker&VSI=17&Ntk=primary&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchall&Nr=NOT%28P_Product_TypeID%3A5%29

Or google Tesco clubcard deals and then in the search box put Family tree maker.

You need to have collected £15 worth of Tesco's vouchers though, by being a Tesco card holder and shopping at Tesco stores, petrol stations etc. Then you can either exchange them in store or if you choose to take an offer like this one you get at least twice their value.

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 10 May 2010 21:22

Here's the website from Tesco that deals with the sale............just copy & paste the following URL into your address bar.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=864

jmoore100

jmoore100 Report 30 May 2010 16:21

Hi
A very nice person told me how to get cheap Ancestry last year and I am also on the lookout for a similar offer. Ancestry have quoted me £107 to renew rather than £155.Do you think this is a good offer? I have registered with Quidco who are offering 25% off (but no mention of the full price) This takes you to Ancestry's home site. I do not want to open a new account in case the £107 already offered is a better deal. Does anyone know how much the Quidco / Ancestry deal actually costs. Thank for your time

Julie

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 30 May 2010 17:11

My subscription with Ancestry is an Annual Premium Subscription taken out through Quidco in January. I think (but not certain) that I paid £94 then.

Kath. x

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 30 May 2010 17:34

Julie

Can you just clarify for me please, you say Ancestry quoted you £107-00 was that for Worldwide subscription.?which is normally £155-00
I am in the same position at the moment my Worldwide expires in a few days time which i had cancelled so that they would not renew automatically .I was hoping they come back to me with an offer, just to say if it was £107-00 i would take it.

George

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 30 May 2010 18:36

I paid 107.00 in January for Premium

Wendy

Julia

Julia Report 30 May 2010 20:15

I've just been quoted £107-40 for my Annual Premium Membership which runs out at the end of June.

Julia

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 30 May 2010 20:35

Julia

The £107-40 is the standard charge for premium, thats why i asked because you stated £155_00 which is the charge for Worldwide.

so no discounts there.

George