Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding grave

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

betico

betico Report 10 May 2010 21:49

last year i found my mothers grave on the day she died 60 years ago 1949 in liverpool i rang liverpool Library and they were brilliant they even sent me a photos of the cementery with the number of the grave as she had no head stone it was just a brick with a number on it was hard locating it but i did find it and was over the moon with this will be visiting it this year again to put her name on on the grave thanks to the Library in liverpool

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 May 2010 00:37

What wonderful people. Soon your mother will have a respectful marker for her final resting place, thanks to them.

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 11 May 2010 01:52

That's lovely for you Elizabeth.

I have to say, I live overseas and have been astounded as the fabulous help and information I have received from the libraries in the UK.

I am glad that you now have somewhere to visit, it may sound a bit lame but a good way to help your grief is to light a candle once a year and you pick the date, perhaps the date that you found her resting place. If you find a nice scented candle it just helps a bit...

Just an idea though.

All the best

Rachelle