Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding a Thread

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 14 May 2010 19:35

sSomeone has Pm'd me with a Thread Number, but no link..how do i fond the Thread???? Muchly please and thankyou!

Derek

Thelma

Thelma Report 14 May 2010 19:45

In the address bar at the top of this thread is 1221474.
Change it to the number that you were given or tell us the number.

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 14 May 2010 19:45

Change the numbers in the bar at the top of this page to the numbers you have been given is what I think you need to do...

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 14 May 2010 19:46

Hi Derek,

If you only have the actual thread number, then just copy & paste the thread number into the address bar at the top of the page.
I.E......... substitute the existing thread number with the new one.

If you have been given the complete URL address then copy & paste it into the address bar at the top of the page.

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 14 May 2010 19:48

Doohh !

Doohh !

FannyByGaslight

FannyByGaslight Report 14 May 2010 19:52

Yes Frank..??

Homer Simpson impressions now huh??
A man of many talents you are.

Fan x x x

Derek

Derek Report 14 May 2010 19:56

Thanks for the Doohh!! Frank..not a Simpson's fan..and if it signifies "Dummy".........I don't like it!

I;m not that smart on a Computer,but pretty damn good at what I do on here for other people..thanks for the tips..the number is 1221320...

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 14 May 2010 20:13

Sorry Derek but it was not directed at you.

I was beaten to the punch with the advice by 1 minute by both SatNav & FBG, hence the two Doohhs :))

That's why it was in a seperate posting.

Derek

Derek Report 14 May 2010 20:18

No problem Frank.....sorry to be so sharp..I put the number into the bar..as instructed, together with all that other rubbish..and GR signed me off!!! So Doohh!! might after all be appropriate!!

Thelma

Thelma Report 14 May 2010 20:22

Is this the one?
I am so confused Chrissie2394

Derek

Derek Report 14 May 2010 20:29

Yep.thanks everyone..I've found it.....pity is i was at matlock myself last thursday!!....thanks again Derek.