Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

51year59

51year59 Report 16 May 2010 00:30

How do I look for a army marriage. I am looking for the marriage of Thomas Bramwell 1779, Stockport Cheshire and Alice Richmond 1776 Grassington North Yorkshire. Thomas joined the army at the age of 16yrs. He served at some point at least five years in India. He was stationed in Yorkshire at some point and finally retired after 21 years in Guernsey, Channel Islands 1814. He retired from the 5th royal veteren battlion.

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 16 May 2010 00:37

have you any idea the date they married,

If you could obtain his army record it will show it on their and any children born whilst he was still serving.

51year59

51year59 Report 16 May 2010 00:42

No this is the problem. His first child Martha was born on Guernsey the year he retired. I have tryed looking on church marriages etc but can not find a record so can only assume he had a army marriage.

51year59

51year59 Report 16 May 2010 00:51

Can anyone tell me how to obtain army records please

mgnv

mgnv Report 16 May 2010 06:17

If he got marr in the UK, his marr will be recorded like any other marr of that time and place.