Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't Upload Tree (Gedcom Problem)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kylie Rebecca

Kylie Rebecca Report 21 May 2010 11:05

Hi,

I'm new to GR and I can't upload my Gedcom, I have done what it said and put it in 5.5 ANSI format but it just comes up with "there has been an unexpected error" this has been the case for the last 6 days.

I emailed support but no response, what am I doing wrong?

Kylie.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 21 May 2010 11:36

It is difficult to say what the problem might be without seeing your data. What program have you used to create your gedcom?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 21 May 2010 12:24

Just run a test, creating a new gedcom of my tree from FTM 2010. Upload took just 3 minutes. Then about 40 minutes until the receipt of email from GR to confirm the file had been processed ok.