Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT DO I DO NEXT???????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elaine

Elaine Report 29 May 2010 11:08

Help please..How can i find where some one was born? All i have is a marriage certifficate for 1912. I've found him(i hope) in the 1911 census, he was a boarder so i don't know any family details, but there was no place of birth for him.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 29 May 2010 11:15

Post a few details here.
It's easier to think of a way forward if we can see the information you already have.

What are the details ....and witness names on the marriage certificate?

Gwyn

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 29 May 2010 11:21

how old on marriage?
Also father's name and occupation will help to find on 1901 census

Elaine

Elaine Report 29 May 2010 11:23

William Smith Age 24 Married Ethel Hobson 22 on the 10th Sept 1912 at St Bedes RC Church Rotherham. He was a coal miner and his dads name was William a dipper at pottery.residence at time of marriage Silver St Dalton. Got him living a few street away in the 1911 census.
Thanks
Elaine

Choccy

Choccy Report 29 May 2010 11:33

There are other threads on William - this being one of them -

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1223457

Elaine

Elaine Report 29 May 2010 11:41

Sorry...... have i done something wrong!!!!!
I was hoping someone give me advise on where to go next.

Choccy

Choccy Report 29 May 2010 11:58

No, you haven't done anything wrong, but it is best to keep to one posting, so all the information is together.

This saves people posting details that have been found by someone else on one of your other threads.

I am answering on your posting on the Records office board.

Perhaps it would be best to just stick to that posting, as you have had more replies there.