Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 30 May 2010 18:04

Hi everyone, its been ages since I've been on this site, but now I'm back to do some more research. What I would like to know - step by step if possible please, how to disallow a currant contact for my tree. I seem to have allowed someone a very long time ago, who I suspect now is just name gathering - he now has over 8,000 family members, and he's just been copying my tree details along with those of my Mum too. Help please :-(

Thelma

Thelma Report 30 May 2010 18:07

You can delete him from your list or click "stop"

Karen

Karen Report 30 May 2010 18:18

Thank you for that, but I'm going to sound really thick now - where do I go in relation to the site to be able to do that. I can only find him by going into his tree, but that doesn't give me any options.

Karen

Karen Report 30 May 2010 18:21

Thank you, panic over, I've found out how to do it now. Many thanks for your help, and I'm sorry to have been so daft. I'm used to the old layout of Genes. Just shows how long it is since I've been on here.