Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Copy/Clipboard usage on Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

miffed

miffed Report 7 Jun 2010 14:03

Could someone explain how you use the above function keys available when looking at someone else's tree. I want to copy their notes to my tree (permission granted). Thankyou

Christine

Christine Report 7 Jun 2010 20:15

yes all u do is go on their tree look for person then at bottom it says copy /clipboard then just click onto it then go to your tree put name in where appropriate then click on copy then it brings up there details then just transfer over to yours its quite easy once you know how to do it

miffed

miffed Report 8 Jun 2010 14:59

Thankyou Christine,

I'm still confused but will give it a go tonight and report back. Thanks x

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 8 Jun 2010 15:15

A very simple way to copy text is to use Windows standard copy and paste commands.

You can highlight the text you wish to copy (by holding the left mouse button and dragging over the text you want) then right click and select Copy. You won't notice anything happen as it copies to your clipboard "behind the scenes". Then all you need to do is go to your tree click in the notes field then right click the mouse and select paste.

Alternatively you may use the keyboard [Ctrl]+C for Copy and [Ctrl]+V for Paste

miffed

miffed Report 9 Jun 2010 16:03

Seeeemples Malcolm. Thankyou for breaking it down so thoroughly that a novice like me can follow it. Success. Many thanks.