Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need some expertise please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

taela

taela Report 8 Jun 2010 16:14

Could any one do a look up for me, I know that I have this mans birthdate from somewhere, probably in his indictment when transported, I believe also it said that he was married to a Susannah Forster who poor girl had to enter a workhouse with their children.. The problem is that on a visit to Archives the records covering that stretch of years was damaged in a fire, there is very little readable I am hoping that there are another set of records somewhere. I came across records read by someone searching on the behalf of another family member in Canada and it appears that they may have mistakenly married her to her father in law a much older man with a large family whereas on Susannah’s marriage lines her husband is designated as a bachelor, error probably due to the damaged records
If some one does have an idea where to try I would be very grateful, he is
Benjamin Trundell/Trundle b 1811 at Hertford or Watten, baptized 4.8.1811, married Susannah 25.12.1830. 1daughter Sarah. 1 son Ben who died in the workhouse at 13 months. Ben was transported to Australia1.3.1837 on the Jame Pattison he never returned home

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jun 2010 16:19

Have you tried the IGI on Family Search site

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jun 2010 16:36

Just for Reference..

Convict Arrivals in New South Wales
State: New South Wales

Day of arrival in NSW: 25

Month of arrival in NSW: Oct

Year of arrival in NSW: 1837

Given names: BENJAMIN

Surname: TRUNDLE

Ship name: JAMES PATTISON

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record source: Convict Arrivals in New South Wales

Data provider: The Genealogical Society of Victoria

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jun 2010 16:53

this is your chap..

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Print

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BENJAMIN TRUNDLE Pedigree
Male Family

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Marriages:
Spouse: SUSANNAH FORSTER Family
Marriage: About 25 DEC 1830 Ware, Hertford, England

Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

M073041 1558 - 1682 0991326 Film 6911551 Film

M073041 1813 - 1837 0991326 Film NONE

Sheet: 00

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jun 2010 16:54

Male
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 26 APR 1835 Saint John And All Saints, Hertford, Hertford, England

Death: 08 MAY 1836
Parents:
Father: BENJAMIN TRUNDLE Family
Mother: SUSAN

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jun 2010 16:55

1881 - connection?
Susan NEALE Head W Female 66 Hertford, Hertford, England Charwoman
George TRUNDALL Gd Son Male 17 Bengeo, Hertford, England Railway Shunter (Pointsman)
John TRUNDALL Gd Son Male 15 Gt Amwell, Hertford, England Bakers Asst
Ben. TRUNDALL Gd Son Male 13 Gt Amwell, Hertford, England Scholar
Esther TRUNDALL Gd Daur Female 12 Ware, Hertford, England Scholar
Alice TRUNDALL Gd Daur Female 7 Ware, Hertford, England Scholar
John VIGUS Boarder W Male 39 Ware, Hertford, England Ag Lab

Source Information:
Dwelling Amwell End Grigville Place
Census Place Great Amwell, Hertford, England
Family History Library Film 1341341
Public Records Office Reference RG11
Piece / Folio 1399 / 148
Page Number 65

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jun 2010 16:56

twice married?

Benjamin Trundle Compact Disc #130 Pin #443143 Pedigree
Sex: M

Event(s)

Parents

Marriage(s)
Spouse: Sarah Hills Disc #130 Pin #443198
Marriage: 12 Jan 1807
Hertford, , Hertfordshire, England

Spouse: Susannah Forster Disc #130 Pin #443254
Marriage: 25 Dec 1830
Ware, Hertford, Hertfordshire, England

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jun 2010 16:57

BENJAMIN TRUNDELL Pedigree
Male Family

Marriages:
Spouse: SARAH HILLS Family
Marriage: 12 JAN 1807 All Saints And Saint John, Hertford, Hertford, England
Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jun 2010 16:59

Sara's birth,,,,

British Isles

SARAH TRUNDLE Pedigree
Female

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 30 SEP 1832 All Saints And Saint John, Hertford, Hertford, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:

C072421 1813 - 1844 0991313 Film 6911436 Film

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jun 2010 17:00

Ben's birth and death,,,,,,

British Isles

Male

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 26 APR 1835 Saint John And All Saints, Hertford, Hertford, England

Death: 08 MAY 1836

Burial:

Parents:

Source Information:

C047871 1813 - 1832 0569731 Film 6911436 Film

C047871 1833 - 1850 0569732 Film NONE

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jun 2010 17:07

Male Family

Marriages:
Spouse: SUSANNAH FORSTER Family
Marriage: About 25 DEC 1830 Ware, Hertford, England

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jun 2010 17:08

Can't find a birth in 1811 for Benjamin in Hertford..

Found this birth...

British Isles

BENJAMIN TRUNDEL Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth: 03 JUN 1786

Christening: 16 JUL 1786 Egham, Surrey, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: RICHARD TRUNDEL Family
Mother: RACHAEL

Extracted birth or christening record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:

J098925 1740 - 1812 0994418 Film 6906227 Film

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 8 Jun 2010 17:09

Or this birth for Benjamin...

British Isles

BENJAMIN TRUNDEL Pedigree
Male

Event(s):
Birth: 11 NOV 1795

Christening: 13 DEC 1795 Egham, Surrey, England

Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: RICHARD TRUNDEL Family
Mother: RACHEL

Extracted birth or christening record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:

J098925 1740 - 1812 0994418 Film 6906227 Film

taela

taela Report 8 Jun 2010 19:14

Sue thank you so much this is what I was looking for,
in the article I read he was a younger man where as the other Ben Trundle was older with a large family, I would have thought his children would not let his second wife end up in the workhouse where baby Ben died, there was a lot of Trundles in this area, still are actually

taela

taela Report 8 Jun 2010 19:31

I found these Sue, Sarah is my g grandmother, it's just that in the absence of the Watten at Stone records I wondered if there had been Benjamin senior and a naughty Benjamin junior closer to Susannahs age it say's nothing on the marriage certificate, I suppose I will never be certain. When Susannah entered the workhouse it seems that she had another baby born after her husband had left for NSW

taela

taela Report 8 Jun 2010 19:51

Please bear with me everyone if my answers are out of synch but I am really rubbish at this.
Sue No1 is in reply to your No 1, No2 is for your other
Ann I have responded twice to you heaven knows where they have ended up
I am getting cuter I copy my answer before I send so when it disapears I dont have to keep typing

taela

taela Report 8 Jun 2010 19:56

I will try and find out how old Ben was when he reached NSW The newspaper report gives no age. It's over the yard arm now so will go to earth for a little while. My thanks to you all I appreciate the trouble you have taken