Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Input from Ancestry .co.uk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 14 Jun 2010 20:54

I have been entering my tree up on to Ancestry co.uk, and now have a lot more I would like to put on Genes reunited,but am unable to find out how to do this .Can anyone help. Or is this just not possible,there used to be Gedcom info on the main page but doesn't appear now/ MC

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 14 Jun 2010 21:26

If you go to your family tree on Ancestry and then look along the line where it says "last person viewed" you will see Tree Settings. If you go in there you can export your tree as a Gedcom.

Thelma

Thelma Report 14 Jun 2010 23:43

On here
Hover over "family tree" in the top bar and you will find "Gedcoms"

Heather

Heather Report 15 Jun 2010 09:46

Hi
I have been trying to get my tree from Ancestry to Genes without success. Have just tried NinjaLady suggestion but unable to find Tree Settings whilst hovering over "last person viewed" please help.
Heather

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jun 2010 10:18

Try it this way.

From your home page, click on 'family trees' - don't just select from the drop down box.

Then click on the name of the tree you want. Mentioning this in case you or other people have more than one.

On that page, it gives The name of your tree, underneath it in fairly small type 'last person viewed', then Tree Overview followed by Recent photos.

Look at the line which has 'last person viewed'.

Last person viewed: Gxxxxx Bxxxx (1839-1910) * Tree Overview* Media Gallery * Tree Settings

The last item is 'Tree Settings'

Click on that. On the right of the next page there is a section 'manage you tree' and a green button *Export Tree*. That's the link you need to download it to your computer.

You will probably lose all photos and any notes in the process.

Heather

Heather Report 15 Jun 2010 10:38

Thanks Det will give this a try later on today.
Heather

Heather

Heather Report 15 Jun 2010 13:55

Thankyou so much it worked a treat.
Heather