Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sharing info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shazzlou

Shazzlou Report 22 Jun 2010 18:33

My full tree is on ancestry, how can i share this tree with my sister who is also an ancestry member. Whats the easiest way for me to send my tree via ancestry to her? Does anyone know? Also how do i delete old thraeds of mine that i have on here? Thanks Sharon x

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 22 Jun 2010 18:39

1) If your tree is a public one then your sister can already access it.

2) If you mean your sister wants an actual copy without having to type in all the details then download a copy of your tree from Ancestry. To do this go to "Manage Tree" and when there click on "Export". It will come to your email address as a Gedcom file which you can then send a copy of to your sister. She can then start a new tree on Ancestry uploading the gedcom file into it.

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 22 Jun 2010 18:40

If your tree is private you can send her an invitation and she can then view it.

Or you can download it onto your computer as a gedcom and email it as an attachment to your sister.

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 22 Jun 2010 18:42

Sharon it is very easy on Ancestry to share your tree. On your tree look to the top and there is a box 'invite family members' they can be guests, contributers or editors

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 22 Jun 2010 18:44

why do you want to delete old threads? They are not taking up any space on your own computer.

But if you do then I think you will have to delete them all individually

Shazzlou

Shazzlou Report 22 Jun 2010 19:04

I have a few old threads on there and just wanted to delete them out of the way. Sounds silly but where is the delete button???

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 22 Jun 2010 19:05

Also, it's a good idea to keep your old threads. You never know when you might need to refer to them. Or when people go searching for info which may help them or you.

Ozi

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 22 Jun 2010 19:06

Get them out of the way of what?

The delete button you need is the one at the bottom of the box of your first message.

Ozi