Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 30 Jun 2010 17:54

A little while ago, I went into Ancestry to see if I could find a burial/death on the London Parish Records. Usually I get a list of options on the Home Page but this time it had all sorts but not Baptism, Marriage and Burial. I had to do a normal search and it quickly brought up the correct Baptism and then went onto every Peters in the world and so I did not continue.

Does anyone know how to how I can quickly get into London Parish Records without doing a general search. It was fine yesterday.

Thanks, Pat

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 30 Jun 2010 18:46

Click on Card Catalogue, then select births, marriages and deaths on the left hand side.

The London records should then come up.

If you want to access them more quickly next time - click on "add to quick links" in the top right corner. When you want to access them next time click on "quick links" and a drop down menu will appear with the records you want.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 30 Jun 2010 21:12

I would just add that your preferences are saved as cookies on your PC. If, for whatever reason, these are deleted or lost - perhaps after a cleanup operation you have run - then your view of Ancestry will revert to the site default.

Patricia

Patricia Report 1 Jul 2010 17:42

Sincere apologies Ninjalady and Inspector Greenpen for not acknowledging your replies yesterday, as I explained to Lady Cutie on my duplicate thread, both said '0' replies each time I looked.

I just thought 'nobody loved me'.

After about seven years, I still haven't got the hang of these boards. Thanks very much for your help and I will go try your advice now.

Pat

CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom Report 1 Jul 2010 18:00

No worries, Patricia.