Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dutch Translation needed, please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 1 Jul 2010 13:31

Hi

I have a document from a relatives death in Antwerp but it's in dutch. I think it is some sort of inquest into his death. Are their any dutch speakers/readers out there who could translate it for me, please.

I'm back at work shortly so it may be this evening before I reply. Thank you in anticipation :-)

Regards
LfW

Barbara

Barbara Report 1 Jul 2010 14:37

You could try to do it a bit at a time and see if it makes sense by using an online translation tool such as:-

http://translation.babylon.com/dutch/

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 1 Jul 2010 17:46

Hi Barbara

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried online translators and not done too bad with the printed text but it's the handwritten parts that I'm struggling with. I thought perhaps someone who read the language might fair better.

Regards
LfW

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Jul 2010 19:29

There are a few members who live in the Netherlands on the General Board. Try posting something there.

Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 1 Jul 2010 19:31

Try Dutch,, you can find her on General board,,,her OH is Dutch I'm sure he can sort it,

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 1 Jul 2010 23:57

Hi Rose & Kay

Thanks for the tip, I've sent Dutch a PM so fingers crossed :-)

Regards
LfW

dutch

dutch Report 2 Jul 2010 00:28

Julie have pm you

dutch

dutch Report 18 Jul 2010 09:57

Have ask the lady next doors D.I.L as she is translate and there going to try and put it all in English for you,as soon as i get it back will email you
Dutchx

dutch

dutch Report 18 Jul 2010 14:41

n