Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed please installing Family tree maker 20

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 3 Jul 2010 20:03

Hi,

could some kind person please help?, I`m trying to install my new FTM 2010.

started off with the registeration, that was fine, next it went to do the Istall Shield wizard.......it stoppped for a while and then came up with this in a box

Microsoft Net framework 3.5 SP1 appears to have failed, do you want to continue the installation.....However when trying to continue it then tells me I can`t without the Net framework SP1

Took the Disc back out and started again but same thing happened.

Anyone have any ideas please?

It comes with 6 months free Ancestry access which is why I purchased it in the first place...!!

Nicky

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 3 Jul 2010 21:02

What operating system are you using, Vista, Windows 7?

Ozi

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 3 Jul 2010 21:59

Windows XP...

Thanks Ozi...Was beginning to think I was the only one on the boards tonight!!

Nicky

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 3 Jul 2010 22:51

Could it be that you don't have Microsoft Net framework 3.5 SP1 on your computer?

Is your computer fully up to date with Windows Updates?

If you google it you can download it.

Christine

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 3 Jul 2010 23:31

Thanks Christine ,I will try that, though am pretty sure i have done all the updates.

Thanks anyway.

EDIT...Have gone to microsoft website to install Net Framework 3. 5 SP1, but keep getting ...

Error Code: 0x643

Have tried to look in to it ,but keep going round in circles....Anyone got any ideas please?

Nicky

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 4 Jul 2010 17:10

nudge..

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 4 Jul 2010 17:55

The only thing I can suggest is you contact Ancestry and ask their advice.

Hope you get it working , I have just sent for the 2010 version but I am on Vista

Jennifer

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 4 Jul 2010 18:53

Thanks Jennifer, I will contact Ancestry tommorow, its in their inetrest to help me out, as FTM2010 comes with a free 6 months Essentials package, and i want to pay the difference to upgrade, so hopefully they`ll be able to help me sort it out.

Nicky