Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census look ups please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 7 Jul 2010 20:39

Could someone please look for a Jessie Kerr for me on census. Think she was born in West Lothian, 1823? Think she could be in Edinburgh 1891 census. I know she died in 1894 & husband James deceased. I have 41&51 census. Husband, James a seaman so could be anywhere. Thanks for any info.
Hilary

Astra

Astra Report 7 Jul 2010 21:09

What is given as her birthplace in the 1851 please

Hilary

Hilary Report 7 Jul 2010 21:12

She is a visitor in England, just says Scotland.
Thanks Hilary.

Hilary

Hilary Report 7 Jul 2010 21:16

Will look in tom. as I have early start tom.
Thanks Hilary

alviegal

alviegal Report 7 Jul 2010 21:49

Could you post the census details you have please? I can't find her at all in 1851 or 1841 for that matter. Were there any children?

MarionfromScotland

MarionfromScotland Report 8 Jul 2010 15:26

Was Kerr her married name and where was she when she died?
do you have her maiden name? It should be on her death cert if she died in Scotland