Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Internet Explorer Unhandled Exception

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gramps63

Gramps63 Report 15 Jul 2010 11:30

I have recently been getting this message when downloading e-mails and also when clicking on a link in the e-mail. It actually freezes the e-mails and then shuts down the website when I hit control/alt/delete to "free up" my PC. Does anyone have a solution?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Jul 2010 11:38

Try googling for it ,you may find others have the same problem and hopefully an explanation and a solution

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Jul 2010 11:41

did a litle digging and found this

When I click Internet Explorer I get a box titled 'Internet Explorer Unhandled Exception' with this message:
Application raised unhandled exception in third party module and should be closed.
The error report has been created and can be sent the developer team for fixing.
We are sorry for inconvinince.

The phrase 'can be sent the developer team' and the spelling of 'inconvinience' are worrying as they don't look official.
Have I got a virus or been hacked?

There are 3 boxes - 'Send Report' 'Save Report' and 'Cancel'.
Whichever one I click the window shuts down.

I can get the Internet Explorer, but ONLY without add-ons. I miss being able to watch YouTube. If I try to start Internet Explorer normally all I get is that box over the top.

I hope you have heard of this before and can help me

response
I read your original post carefully and I am convinced that your problem is with an Internet Explorer add-on. The fact that you have uninstalled IE8 and have rolled back to IE7 and you are still experiencing the problem supports this because many of the add-ons are the same for the 2 versions of IE. We need to first, make certain an add-on is causing your problem and second, determine which add-on is the cause. First, I’d like for you to run IE in the No Add-on mode. Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and click Internet Explorer no Add-ons.

Now, launch IE and see if you still get the message. If not, then we can be relatively certain that an add-on is the cause and we can run the steps to determine which add-on is causing the trouble. Restart IE normally, then click “Tools” on the Menu Bar and select Manage Add-ons. Disable all of your add-ons and then re-enable them 1 at a time until you locate the add-on causing your problem.

Let us know if these steps help you to determine and correct the problem

unquote !!

Gramps63

Gramps63 Report 16 Jul 2010 03:00

Thanks for your help Shirley greatly appreciated. I think I have found the problem - removed the tool bar from My Heritage. Will see what happens from here on.